I am in Spain!

This is going to be a boring, but hopefully frequent, update of all the things I do and see while I am in Cadiz, Spain. I have a feeling my mom and dad are going to be the only readers, but I'm okay with that.

Monday, August 07, 2006


I had a VERY busy weekend!

On Friday, API went to SanlĂșcar. We toured the Barbadillo winery, who is famous for their manzanilla. I think it's a type of sherry. The bodegas were cool, but the wine was disgusting. I couldn't even finish the quarter of a glass they poured us! We spent the rest of the day on the beach there, and didn't even have to get up and move for the horse races... they went right by us! The funniest thing about the races is that little kids set up booths that look like lemonade stands... and take BETS! It was hilarious.

Saturday morning we left at 11:30 am for Gibraltar. Unfortunately, that was the earliest bus and we still couldn't get there until between 2 and 2:30. There were only six of us: me, Jenny, Kate, Bonnie, Angela, and Allison. We took a taxi tour that took us up the rock of Gibraltar--we went inside caves and tunnels, saw the Mediterranean, the Atlantic, and Africa all at the same time, and at the top, we got to have the wild apes crawl all over us! It was AMAZING... Mom, you would be jealous, it was really the coolest thing. When the others post pictures I'll put them up. The other great thing about Gibraltar was that they had DIET COKE and everyone spoke English! It made me ready to come home. The only problem was, the trip was more expensive than I thought... 22 euros for the bus, 25 euros for the bus tour, plus eating. So it cleaned out all my cash. I'll try to get a little for my last week here and then some before I go to Morocco.

I have a presentation in linguistics on Wednesday and a paper due! Then two tests a week from today, one in each class, and I am finished!

UPDATE.. Pictures from Gibraltar!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home