I am in Spain!

This is going to be a boring, but hopefully frequent, update of all the things I do and see while I am in Cadiz, Spain. I have a feeling my mom and dad are going to be the only readers, but I'm okay with that.

Monday, July 24, 2006

I forgot to mention a few things. First, the trash workers went on strike last week in Cádiz. All of a sudden, our pretty town smells really gross and literally is overrun with trash. When we got back from Granada, it looked a little better, but I'm not sure what happened or if they are back working, because there's still trash everywhere. They want to resolve it I know because there are going to be tall boat races starting Wednesday and they attract a lot of attention. (I'm really excited about those!)

Another thing: traveling in our free time. The girls I spend most of my time with are wanting to do some extra trips. We go to Sevilla this Friday, but they want to go Thursday night, stay over, and meet the group on Friday morning and just ride back with them. This isn't that big of a deal and I'll probably do it, but at the same time I feel like I'm not utilizing what we have already paid for (ie: the bus ride there).

The next weekend, the only thing planned with API is to go to San Lucar de Barrameda, and only during the day Friday. Well, the girls are trying to figure out a way to go to Barcelona instead. I would not want to miss an opportunity to get to see Barcelona, but then I've already paid for the San Lucar trip, essentially. Plus, I want to tour the bodegas and see the horse races on the beach. But then I'm torn, because Barcelona is amazing. I could also get a cheap flight out (maybe) on Saturday morning or something and meet them there after that trip, but it just seems too sketchy. But I don't want to be abandoned for a weekend when I could be travelling! I'm really torn about the whole thing, and I'll probably be calling home soon to talk it over. I'm kind of hoping that the plans don't work out. They were talking about taking a train to Sevilla, then to Madrid, then to Bilbao, then to Barcelona. Which will add up pretty quickly. And would take so much time! I just don't know.

What I WOULD love to do is go to Portugal. I don't think we are that far away and Lagos is supposedly beautiful. The girls from last trip went last session and can only say good things about it. But who knows.

And now pictures. First, Hannah, Brielle, and me as bulls in Ronda. Then Bobiejo and me eating lunch in Ronda. Then the last one is our entire group, combined with another API group (there are only 15 of us normally) in Granada before the flamenco show. Enjoy!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home