I am in Spain!

This is going to be a boring, but hopefully frequent, update of all the things I do and see while I am in Cadiz, Spain. I have a feeling my mom and dad are going to be the only readers, but I'm okay with that.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Okay, everyone has left the school except us 15 UT students I think, so the school is closing really early every day. It's getting harder and harder to use a computer! And the cafeteria has closed, which was our saving grace up until this point. And it seems a whole lot hotter in the building.

This weekend was so much fun! Thursday we took a train to Sevilla (BobieJo, Hannah, Brielle, and I), checked into our hotel, snuck BobieJo in successfully, and just ate and shopped and hung out. On Friday we met up with the group to tour the Alcázar. We were going to go to the Cathedral too, but it closed early and no one was aware. Also, our lunch was paid for by API!

Saturday was a beach day, which was much-needed. That night, we went to Playa Victoria in new Cádiz, because every Saturday night they put a blow up screen on the beach and show free movies. So my whole API group watched X-Men 3, in Spanish! I had never seen it, so that was really fun.

Eight of us left for Tarifa (it´s on the coast about 2 hours south of here) at 11:30 Sunday morning. We thought Cádiz was a beach town--Tarifa is ten times more so! The water was freezing but we spent an hour and a half boogie boarding and body surfing because the waves were INCREDIBLE. Tarifa is famous for kite surfing, but it's kind of expensive to learn. When I come back to Spain, if I have the means, I am going to take lessons because I am obsessed with the waves and the water there. Plus, you stand in the water and you see the beach, the city, and then mountains surround it. It's beautiful!

We went back to the bus station around 7 to get on the 7:30 bus home so we could make it to Cádiz in time for dinner. That bus was full, so all of us had to get tickets for the 8:55 bus. We sat around an extra two hours, just reading and being bored, and then to top it off, that bus was late! We got home to eat at about 11:30, but overall it was a great day.

Now I have my second linguistics test; wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home