I am in Spain!

This is going to be a boring, but hopefully frequent, update of all the things I do and see while I am in Cadiz, Spain. I have a feeling my mom and dad are going to be the only readers, but I'm okay with that.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My literature professor was sick yesterday, so I only had class from 10 am to 12 pm. Which means that we had extra time to sit around in Jenny's air-conditioned hotel room, watch Super Troopers, and get to the pool. Jenny's parents also took us out to lunch, which was wonderful. Having a family around is great! Today we are finalizing our plans for Sevilla; we are most likely leaving Thursday afternoon and coming home Friday night with our group (and meeting them during the day Friday to take advantage of the tours we'll be going on, of the Alcazar and what not.)

So, we lucked out on our time to be in Cádiz because today begins the regada of the tall ships! There are huge, pirate-like ships coming in and racing today, and last night, right after I talked to Mom on the phone, we walked to the bay and there was a FAIR set up! That's right, we got to ride a sketchy carnival ferris wheel in Spain and loved it! Plus, the guy controlling it made eyes or honked his horn at us every time we went around. With a carnival comes carnival food: waffles, fries, ice cream, cotton candy, all that stuff, plus Cádiz does things a little differently. They build these really fancy looking bars and blare music and set up dance floors--so there are basically 6 or 7 dance clubs at this carnival! And let's not forget the fudge... There was so much fudge!

Today, we are planning to get some sun by the hotel pool (I'm so glad Jenny's parents are in town--we don't even have to get sandy today!), and then we have a tour of the cathedral with our program at 5, we want to get in a run, and then there is a place that holds free salsa lessons on Wednesdays, so I'm hoping to do that!

Some more pictures: the first is in Cádiz at the top of the Torre de Tavira and is of Bonnie, me, Jenny, and Bobiejo. The second is myself, Hailey, and Bobiejo hiding in the jardín in the Alhambra.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home