I am in Spain!

This is going to be a boring, but hopefully frequent, update of all the things I do and see while I am in Cadiz, Spain. I have a feeling my mom and dad are going to be the only readers, but I'm okay with that.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I think I might have shin splints. BobieJo has had them before and said what I have been describing is what they are. I just have shooting pains up the sides of both of my shins/calves. I couldn't finish my run yesterday because it hurt, so I'm going to take it easy the next few days.

I was really worried about my literature class, because a girl who had been here last session said that she gave B's and C's as final grades to students. I know for a fact that I'm not the best in the class, because the girls who went to Hockaday have read almost every single piece before that we read. But Rebeca, my professor, has always seemed really nice and usually after I look up a few words I can understand what we read. So we got our first test grades back from last week. I was pretty sure I had bombed it... I got a 94! So that means that so far I'm doing really well in my classes. All I have left is a test in each, and a paper and brief presentation due next Wednesday in linguistics.

My watch broke. I guess the body surfing in Tarifa was too much for it. It actually stopped on Sunday, and yesterday it was just ticking really quickly. It says you can get it wet up to 100 meters!

We watched two episodes of Grey's last night. The second season comes out on DVD in September, two days before the new season. I'm thinking that I may want to invest in the DVD's; I mean, the show is great even dubbed in Spanish!

We have been bonding with Ramón, our señor, lately. He still scares BobieJo and I a little, and he's an old man so he just likes to talk to us forever (aka, he will talk to us the ENTIRE time we are eating). But yesterday he gave us cookies to take into our room, and when we were watching TV, he brought us a cold bottle of water, and glasses, and offered us a second dinner. Our family is so weird, but I like them.

Have I talked about Tolo? That's our dog. The only thing Ramón does, ever, is walk him three times a day. Did I write walk? I meant drag. He's 14 years old, blind, and deaf. I have seen him run into a wall. Mercedes told us the doctors wanted to put him down years ago but she just couldn't bear to do it. The best part is that both Mercedes and Ramón call the dog and talk to him a lot. He's deaf!

I haven't asked yet if any mail has come for me. I have never seen them with mail though. I'm wondering if the address for my house is incorrect, because our building number and apartment number are both 7, and there was only one 7 in the address API gave, if I remember correctly. I hope this isn't true because I gave a lot of people my address!

Some pictures: me in the labyrinth at the Alcázar in Sevilla, some of my group in the gardens of the Alcázar, and then our Tarifa group waiting for the bus to come, after we had watched three buses say Cádiz that weren't actually going to Cádiz! (they may not be in that order)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home